BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypress activity filter – Gallery Updates conflict

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #31323

Using Mediapress and WP Ulike plugin…

When I filter the main activity feed on “Gallery Updates”, results are displayed as expected ie. only gallery updates.

When I filter on “Votes” (from WP Ulike) results displayed are both votes AND gallery updates.

From what I’ve managed to work out so far, this seems to be because both are using the “Activity” component but WP Ulike doesn’t seem to take the type into account and therefore shows ALL activity components.

I do realise this is more likely an issue from WP Ulike than Mediapress and I’ve been trying to assess what Mediapress does, which WP ULike doesn’t, in order to figure out what’s going wrong but I’m drawing a blank so far.

If you have any suggestions, I would be very, very grateful 😉

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31330

Hi Nik,
    Thank you fro the question.

I guess, we are registering a new activity type ‘mpp_media_upload’ and using it. That’s why.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #31331

Hi Brajesh

I’m not quite sure I follow what you’re saying as WP ULike also registers a new activity type ‘wp_like_group’ but possibly it’s not getting used correctly somehow.

Thank you for your thoughts though. I will investigate further.

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31332

Hi Nik,
    I will suggest checking your network panel in browser to see what are the query parameters sent when you select the ULike.

I will also suggest contacting their developer and ask the same.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #31346

Thank you so much Brajesh and you are of course perfectly right, this is really not a Mediapress issue.

Please do feel free to close this thread.

Warm regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31348

Hi Nik,
    Thank you.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Buddypress activity filter – Gallery Updates conflict’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved