BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Activity Shortcode : Bug/Issue

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Jérôme on #9466

Hi there !
    First thank you for providing this plugin on WordPress.org
    I am making a buddypress project and I need to put the activity stream of a group linked to a custom post type.

That is where I use your shortcode.
    The group is private.
    I use the “allow_posting” argument.

After several tests, I think there might be a bug.

Shortcode I took for the test :
    [activity-stream scope=groups object=groups primary_id=1 allow_posting=true]

After posting an activity for the group, the activity gets affected to the whole activity stream. I took a look in the database (bp_activity table) and found the activity with these :
    – component : activity (should be “groups”)
    – item_id : 0 (should be 1, the id of the group)
    – hide_sitewide : 0 (should be 1 because posting on a private group).

Let me know if I did something wrong.
    Or if there is a bug, could you let me know if it would be fixed in a near future ?

Thank you very much !

Jerome

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9506

Hi Jerome,
    Thank you for the post and reporting. I will test and provide an update today.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jérôme on #9512

Hi Brajesh !
    Thanks. Looking forward to it !

• Participant
    Jérôme on #9561

Hi Brajesh,
    Did you take some time to test the potentiel bug ?
    Thank you !

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9569

Hi Jerome,
    I am sorry I Missed this topic. I will update you today.
    Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9571

Hi Jerome,
    It is working fine for me.

Is there any chance that you have hidden the Activity Dropdown bx that says “My Profile and the groups list”

Even after using the form, a user needs to select the private group. If you have hidden it, It will be posted on user profile instead of group.

• Participant
    Jérôme on #9573

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for your answer !

Actually, you are right. I’ve discovered the dropdown doesn’t exist on the custom post type “internship” for a reason unknown. However, it works well on other custom post types. (One post is related to one group so I call the shortcode on every internship post of that custom post type).

However, having to select the group for users will be restrictive for them. They will probably forget to select it and they will not understand what’s happening when they won’t see their activity on the group posted.

So I might change my plans and add some custom coding on the buddypress group instead.

I really appreciate you took some time for responding to my post ! Thank you.

Have a nice day.

Jerome

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9596

Hi Jerome,
    Thank you for confirming.
    You don’t have to change much.
    All you need to modify is the activity post-form. Please look at the buddypress-sitewide-activity-widget/template/post-form.php

You will see a select box with id “swa-whats-new-post-in” all you need to do is update this section of code and use the primary id.

The form is hardcoded, so you will have to keep it in the plugins directory. In next update, we will allow moving to the theme directory too.

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Jérôme on #9717

Hi Brajesh,
    It’s working now thanks to your help.
    I have noticed the theme did hide the select field with some CSS.
    After that, I played with the selected=”selected” in the post-form.php for selecting automatically the group related to the post. It makes the trick. Thank you.

One question : is the refreshement working on your side =with the shortcode ? It needs a F5 for seeing the activity appearing on my side.

Have a nice day.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved