BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Activity Shortcodes Customization

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Andrew on #28083

Having an issue with showing a Buddypress group actvity stream on a wordpress page using plugin Buddypress Activity shortcode. My end goal is to get content only generated for a particular group on to this page.

Here’s what I’m running:

Buddypress Activity Shortcode verison: 1.1.5
    Buddypress version: 5.1.2
    Wordpress verison: 5.3.2
    Theme: Woffice w/ child theme
    Theme Version: 2.8.9.1

The following short code in this scenario is being used: [activity-stream object=groups primary_id=1]

I have tried multpile configurations of the shortcode to try and get the acitivity stream to populate but the result is either the wrong content being generated or no content showing at all.

I am using a subdomain. Not a multisite configuration. Recently upgraded the Woffice theme to see if that might be a fix, however no luck. Also of relevance, I’m using the following wordpress plugins for backend editing:

WPBakery Page Builder 6.1 and Unyson 2.7.22

I previously read that using these plugins together could cause some issues however when I disable Unyson it removes some key functionalities of the site.

I have tried at least one other plugin (buddypress shortcodes) to get the activity stream to show up correctly and experienced almost the same issue.

Does anyone know a possible fix for this situation?

If I left any key details missing from this post in order to resolve this problem I will try and update the post asap.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28092

Hi Andrew ,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

I checked the shortcode and it is working correctly for me.

It seems your theme has some filters on activity and that is causing it. Please contact the theme authors and let them know the issue.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Andrew on #28127

Hey Brajesh,

Thanks for the quick update. I’ll do just that, contact the developers. And if I find a working solution I’ll post the update in case anyone runs into similar troubles.

Andrew

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28135

Thank you Andrew.

I am looking forward to the feedback.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved