BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypress Anonymous Activity Language Translation

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kerem Erdal on #17795

Hi,

I want to use Buddypress Anonymous Activity plugin in my language. How can i do that? When i post as user name(default Buddypress user name) the update text in the buddypress walls seem in my language. However, when i post as anonymous the update in the buddypress walls seem in English. How can i fix that?

I found a language folder in the plugin. Although i set msgstr in my language nothing changes. For example, i am changing the default code with the below code but nothing changes. Can you help me? What am i doing wrong?

#: anonymous-activity.php:214
    #, php-format
    msgid "%1$s posted an update in the group %2$s"
    msgstr "%1$s %2$s grubunda bir güncelleme  yayınladı"

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17797

Hi Kerem,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

You will need some translation tool to translate a file.

I suggest using POEdit. You may find this guide useful
    https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/wordpress/how-to-translate-wordpress-theme-using-poedit
    Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kerem Erdal on #17808

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your answer.

I examined the link that you provided. I opened the POEdit and edited the translations than saved as new file. After that i changed the original plugin language po and mo files with my new po and mo files.(deleted original ones) (Note: When i edited to new po files i am able to see the changes.) Finally, I opened wp-config.php and added the code: define ('WPLANG', 'my new file name'); at the top. However, nothing changed after this revisions. What am i doing wrong? Can you help me?

(Note: At the beginning of poedit there are two options: Create a new translation and translate wordpress theme or folder. I selected create a new translation)

Thanks,
    Kerem

• Participant
    Kerem Erdal on #17809

Hi Brajesh,

I want to make an update.

I also established Loco Translate plugin. I am able to see the revisions that i applied with POEdit successfully in the plugin. However, nothing changes. For example, post as label seems as post as although it seems in my language in the plugin and .po file.

Thanks,
    Kerem

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17812

Hi Kerem,

Thank you.

Please remove this line

define ('WPLANG', 'my new file name');

or change it to

define ('WPLANG', 'YourLocaleName');

The WPLANG should be set to the locale(e.g en_US fr_FR). What is your current locale, I can suggest the proper value.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kerem Erdal on #17921

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you.

I could translate the words from English to my language. However, at one point there is a problem. For non admin users, when they get notifications and click on the notifications, they see “Anonim replied to one your activity comments” in their profile notification section.(Anonim is the translation of anonymous in my language) When I edited the code from 584th line in php file same problem occurs. (Note: Admin is able to see the translation successfully. Non admin user is not able to see the translation in profile notifications section. In the profile notifications sections there is an eye, I wanted to make sure indicating the right point) How can I fix that problem? Where do i need to make change in the code?

Thank you,
    Kerem

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17927

Hi Kerem,
    For notifications, we do use part of BuddyPress default notification. Please try updating the translation for notifications in BuddyPress’s translation and let me know if that works.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kerem Erdal on #17946

Hi Brajesh,

I made the translations in the buddypress(changed the sprintf code) and it worked.

Thank you,
    Kerem

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17964

Thank you Kerem.
    Marking it as resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Buddypress Anonymous Activity Language Translation’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved