BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Auto Friendship Pro Adjustment

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #37378

Hello,

How can initiate the auto friend/follow action only when the new user is actively logged in for the first time, It doesn’t really make sense to auto friend/follow a new registered user who has never logged in to the site or hasn’t activated his account.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37386

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the question.

We will need to add it as a trigger in the plugin. Please allow us a week for the same.

Please do note that the plugin will only do auto friendship for global lists without activation(it works on registration). In all other case, it doe does not do anything if a user does not activate their account.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #37450

The issue I had was with lots of spam registrations and lots of new follow email notifications. Now if spam accounts register and do not login no auto follow is triggered but if a legitimate user registers then logs in then the new registered user should auto follow the global list.

Spam accounts are less likely to login. This is part of the reason I want to disable the auto login feature in (BuddyPress Auto Activate Auto Login) plugin so spam accounts do not auto login.

Only new legitimate logged in users should auto follow the global list

• Participant
    Tosin on #37484

Gentle reminder, How is it coming along?

• Participant
    Tosin on #37501

Good day sir,

Please I don’t mean to be too persistent I was just hoping this request could be done soon as ive disabled registrations on my site due to excessive spam registrations. I only want new legitimate logged in users to auto follow the global list.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37502

Hi Tosin,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Please allow me 24 – 48 hours. It will be available.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #37545

How is progress sir

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37569

Hi Tosin,
    I am sorry for not being able to release on time.

The problem is one of our developers have commited some other changes(List cloning) and a few things on our main branch(It was a mistake and should have been on a secondary branch to allow me release easily).

Even though adding the option for first login is simple one, we will need to go through the whole testing process again due to the other change. I am scheduling my team to test it to Monday/Tuesday before pushing for the release.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #37617

Thanks for updating me, I’ll be expecting a positive reply soon

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #37777

Hello Tosin,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Hopefully, we will release BuddyPress Auto Friendship Pro today. I will update you once released.

Regards
    Ravi

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Auto Friendship Pro Adjustment’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved