BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Auto Join Groups – not updating on profile update

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    David Blanchard on #42181

Hi,

There has been a recent update on the BuddyBoss platform where changing a profile type in the All Users section updates the linked WP-role – this hadn’t been working for a few months.

Previously, using the BuddyPress Auto Join Groups plugin, when changing a user to a profile type which is linked with a group they would automatically join it, but when changing the persons profile type something else it would remove them from that group – this isn’t happening anymore.

I’ve logged a call with BuddyBoss, they’ve investigated and suggested it’s the BuddyPress Auto Join Groups plugin that isn’t working.

If the profile type is changed, that person remains a member of the group that was automatically joined previously where they should be removed.

Is this something you can investigate please?

I can send details of my staging site if necessary.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42193

Hi David,
    Thank you for reporting. I am sorry for the issue.
    Please allow us 1 day to investigate and get back to you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #42229

Hello David,

I have checked with BuddyBoss Platform and BuddyPress Auto Join Groups and it is working fine for me whenever I am changing profile type from both frontend and the all user section screen in the admin section all associated groups with the profile type are added to the user’s group list.

Please let me know if your problem is with the removal of existing groups when the profile type changed.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    David Blanchard on #42231

Hi Ravi,

Auto joining works fine, it is with the removal of existing groups when the profile type changes. If someone has auto-joined a group, when their profile type is changed again they used to be removed from the group they had auto-joined.

It used to work well and is a really important feature to us.

Hope you can get it working again.

Thanks,
    David

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42289

Hi David,
    I am sorry for the issue.
    Please allow us to try it again and get back to you by 29th.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Blanchard on #42388

Hi,

Any update on this one please?

Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42391

Hi David,
    I have looked into the plugin and I do not see any option that allows you to syn user groups.

Is there any chance that you are using some custom code supplied by us to sync groups? If yes, Can you please point me to the code.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    David Blanchard on #42396

Hi Brajesh,

I didn’t receive any custom code.

It just worked, when an auto list was setup a member would be automatically added to a BuddyBoss group based on the list criteria, and if their profile type was changed they’d be subsequently removed from the group.

Thanks,
    David.

• Participant
    David Blanchard on #42397

Looking at the changelog it states:

Adding API function for synchronizing groups instead of just adding.

Is this what would also remove users from groups on the profile change?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42398

Hi David,
    That’s why I asked about custom code. We added an API function to enable syncing but we did not enable it nor put any option in the plugin to have it enabled.

Unless you used some custom code which called our API for syncing, It is not feasible to enable syncing.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved