BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Auto Join Groups – works with Restrict Content Pro?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Matthias Petz on #50211

Hi all
    I am looking for a plugin to automatically handle BuddyBoss Group AutoJoins – based either on MemberType (called ProfileType in BuddyBoss) or WP UserRoles. As I am using Restrict Content Pro to handle MemberType and UserRole assignment automatically based on membership – will this work?

Can I also get group memberships removed, if the user changes MemberType/UserRole?
    If so, will it remove the user from all groups that exist in BuddyBoss and which are currently not assigned by conditional ruleset or only from the ones where the user has been assigned before or where autojoin is managed by BP Auto Join Groups?

Kind regards
    Matthias

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50218

Hi Matthias,
    Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.

The Auto join Group plugin can help you achieve the first part. It works with Roles/Member types, so should work fine with RCP.

It does not sync users on removal from group. We have member types pro that does it but it won’t work with BuddyBoss.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Matthias Petz on #50220
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50221
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Matthias Petz on #50240

Hi Brajesh
    although I am not a php developer I had some development/scripting knowledge gained in the past and it was still enough to
    – adapter BP Auto Group Join 1.0.4 to properly detect BuddyBoss running instead of BuddyPress MemberTypes
    – get a code snippet implemented in the proper php file I found in Github
    – extend that code snippet to automatically remove users from groups if their profile type is removed by Restrict Content Pro and the group has AutoJoin not enabled for that profile type

Btw, I would not have needed any UI for this. Basic MemberTypes/ProfileTypes or subscription levels are fairly static, so changing some lines of code in the child theme’s functions.php file would not have been of any issue to me.

Thank you for pushing back on me
    Matthias

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50245

Hi Matthias,
    Thank you for the details.

That’s the correct strategy to achieve it. I am glad you found a way and resolved the issue. The requirements were not very clear for us(I was not sure about the group to type association).

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Auto Join Groups – works with Restrict Content Pro?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved