BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress – blocked user can still tag the user who blocked them within a group

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Nifty on #39703

Hello,

We love the BuddyPress Block Users plugin, but have come across a slight issue today.

The “disable mentioning in activity” setting is turned on within our BuddyPress Block Users settings for both the Blocker and the Blocked User, but it doesn’t seem to be working as it should

If for example, Bob blocked Sally;

– Sally can still see Bob in a group that they’re both a member of.
    – Sally can still use @Bob to tag him in a comment within the group. Bob won’t get notified of this, but he can see it on the group’s activity stream.
    – If Bob chose to reply to Sally’s comment, he can also use @Sally to tag Sally. Sally gets an email/notification to alert her, but the links with the email/notification will redirect her when she clicks on them. Sally can’t see the comment through the group’s activity stream.

Even if the plugin can’t prevent the blocked user from seeing the blocker when they’re both members of the same group, shouldn’t the “disable mentioning in activity” setting prevent either user from being able to tag the other?

Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39706

Hi Nifty,
    Thank you.

Your expectations are correct. A blocked user should not see other other at groups too. Please allow our team to look into it and provide a solution early next week.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nifty on #39722

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for such a prompt and helpful response, as always.
    We’ll look forward to hearing from you and your team.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #39803

Hello Nifty,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I will look into this today and will update you.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Nifty on #39807

No worries, Ravi. 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #39845

Hello Nifty,

The newer version is available now. Please check and let me know if it works or not.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Nifty on #39867

Hi Ravi,

It works an absolute treat! 🙂

Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #39893

Hello Nifty,

Thank you for the acknowledgment. I am glad that I could help.

Regards
    Ravi

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress – blocked user can still tag the user who blocked them within a group’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved