Search

Buddypress branded login formatting

Tagged: ,

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2349

Hi Brandon,
    My apologies for the delayed reply.

Ther are multiple way to make it better. At the moment, It is using your default page template and injecting the theme compatibility content.

If you want to take full control of the whole layout, you can copy “blogin” folder from bp-branded-login to your theme and make it compatible with your theme(Make sure to keep the form code and use any template structure you like)

Other way, if you need simple modification like moving the form to center, you can do it via css like this

#loginform {
     width: 500px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

Please let me know which way you will like to go and I will assist further.
    PS: I did not get the idea what you mean by using whole page, do you mean making the text boxes expand to whole page? If yes, Please let me know and I can assist.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Brandon Reeves on #2351

Thanks Brajesh. Centering the form is really a big step in the right direction. We added the css you recommended to our child theme style.css but the form did not change. Thoughts?

As a longer term solution, we will look into moving the blogin folder into our theme directory to develop the page to fit within our theme.

Just want to make sure I am correct. We take the login folder and put it in the root folder of our child theme.
    For example

<child_theme_root>/blogin/…

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2352

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for the reply.
    1. Where have you applied the css? It is not loaded it seems. If there is a cache please clear and see if that makes it apply(Currently I don’t see the css being applied there)

2. yes, you are right about that.

• Participant
    Brandon Reeves on #2353

Ok thanks. This might sound like a stupid question (and it probably is). But is it a bad idea to make the blogin php page blank? The reason I ask it because we have some shortcodes that we cant to use within the login page.

Ideally we would like to build the login page with our shortcodes and a few other things to look like the following with the complete login form:
    http://wpmetalist.com/login/ or http://profilepress.net/downloads/montserrat-account-form/

We can do this easily with shortcodes we have but that would mean pulling the form out of the php code.

Thoughts?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2368

Hi Brandon,
    I am sorry, I was not able to assist yesterday.

Here is what I consider the best strategy.

Empty blogin/login.php (in your theme’s copy).
    Now, copy the content of your defuault page.php from your theme and put it in this file.

Now, you can visit the backend and add the shortcode etc. If that does not work(BuddyPress resets page id, so content may not be visible), We may need to use the php code in the template like

<?php echo do_shortcode( ' [some_shortcode]' );?>

Also, If you want to go with the look of wpmetalist, It will be very easy to do so.

• Participant
    Brandon Reeves on #2382

Thanks, I copied the page.php to the login.php and you called it. It was blank. I dont have the exact shortcode because we are using visual composer to add the shortcodes. Is there a way from a code perspective to add something to the login.php to allow us to do this from the wordpress admin page rather than trying to hack the code together?

I am sure somewhere there is code regarding buddypress resetting the page id but for some reason none of our searches have been able to turn them up

Again, basically we want to use the files in the blogin folder and the plugin to manage the redirection. We want to manage the content from within wordpress

We have created a test page to work with our shortcodes and figure out what we want our page to look like. All we need to do is figure out how to get this plugin to work with the code in the page
    Test page here: https://www.infoseclist.com/login

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2385

Hi Brandon,
    Thank you.

I will work on it and will provide you some code to enable us use the visual editor for page content.

• Participant
    Brandon Reeves on #2387

Thank you so much. We are working on this as well. If you need any files from us, let us know. We can send you our page.php or anything else you might need.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2388

Hi Brandon,
    Thank you.
    Can you please give it a try again.

1. Activate the plugin (Keep it active if it is already)
    2. Visit BuddyPress->pages and Change the login page to this new page that you have created with shortcode.

3. As I asked earlier, If you have updated the blog/login.php in your theme, do you have the post loop there? If yes, It should work.

I checked again and the page_id is set to 0 by BuddyPress but if there is a loop, It runs. Can you please try that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved