BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypress confirm action on registration

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #44552

Hello,

1. Please can you add support to confirm registration with a (yes) or (no) after user clicks register button using the confirm action plugin

2. Will this reduce spam registrations to an extent, just in case spam bot decide to pick (no) then their registration will fail

3. Clicking on (no) should redirect the user to a specific page

• Participant
    Tosin on #44554

Also is it advisable to noindex buddypress registration page.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #44557

Hi Tosin,
    I am sorry, I don’t think this is a good idea. It will be a very bad user experience and will not help with spam at all. client side validations have no meaning. They are not effective to prevent automated spam.

Please should consider using a proper spam prevention solution such as Cleantalk which does server side validations for spam.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #44568

Alternatively can you add branded login support for this free plugin at https://wbcomdesigns.com/downloads/buddypress-recaptcha/

The captcha will be added to branded login form in both login and password reset page.

This will solve the annoying spam issues

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #44587

Hi Tosin,

My suggestion will be to address the root cause of the issue. If you stopped spam registration, you would not have to worry about it.

Also, We are unable to add the support for that recaptcha plugin as the recaptcha handling happens inside that plugin which is beyond our control.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved