BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Custom Background For User Profile

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Dandy Jefferson on #7132

Hi, Brajesh

Thanks for your previous helps and suggestions.

I just found you developed a very useful plugin: BuddyPress Custom Backgronud For User Profile (https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-custom-background-for-user-profile/ )

I just have some ideas, maybe it’s only from my own perspective of view. But I just ask for your advices.

1. For security issue, in our site, we don’t allow users to upload any pictures from their local environment. So, in this scenario, I’m wondering is it very difficult to change “Uploading pictures by users themselves” to “let users to select provided background pictures”? Just like BP Avatar Suggestions (https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-avatar-suggestions/), it can allow admin to upload user avatars from backend, and let users to select.

2. Is there any way to extend this function to a custom page template? Does this plugin have any shortcodes or APIs to page?

Thank you very much.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7136

Hi Dandy,
    Thank you.

1. It is a wonderful idea and we will love work on it in future(hopefully in the 3rd week of the FEB). This may give us an opportunity to revamp the whole system and let admins allow colors/palettes etc,

2. Yes, there is.

$image_src = bppg_get_image( $user_id);//get image src or false if none

$repeat_type = bppg_get_image_repeat( $user_id);//image repeat type e.g repeat-x. repeat-y etc

Hope you can use it to style page.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Dandy Jefferson on #7661

Hi, Brajesh

Sorry to bother you again. I’m wondering that do you have any progress or plans on this feature which I mentioned before?

Thank you very much.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7668

Hi Dandy,
    I am sorry, we haven’t yet been able to work on that. We will try and let you know asap we do it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Dandy Jefferson on #7723

Hi, Brajesh

No worries at all! Thank you very much for the trying and I’m very appreciated your willing to help.

Thank you very much.
    Dandy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved