BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Custom Xprofile Fields – Datepicker

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #22854

Hi there

I’m using the BuddyPress Custom Xprofile Fields to display a Birthdate/Age field which works fine in Firefox and shows a datepicker box as expected, but in Chrome it shows what looks more like a text box with the format dd/mm/yyyy. Any idea what’s going wrong and/or how to fix?

Also is there any way of getting all Buddypress user profile date fields to show a datepicker box rather than separate fields for day, month and year as it tends to do?

With many thanks in advance.
    Nikki

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22856

Hi Nikki,
    Thank you for the topic.

Please share a screenshot to help me understand it better.

About the datebox field of BuddyPress:- No, It is implemented that way to use 3 boxes and we can not change it unless someone implements a custom field type for it.

Thank you

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #22857

Hi Brajesh

So sorry, I’ve investigated a bit more and I think it’s a theme-related issue as I was displaying a customised registration form via a shortcode on a page (which is a feature of the WPLMS theme).

Showing the “standard” Buddypress register form works fine so it’s not a fault with your plug-in. I’ll play around with the theme a bit more or just create my own customisationsed register form without a shortcode if really necessary.

Apologies for wasting your time and thank you for letting me know about the Buddypress datebox. It’s always surprised me that it works that way and I’ve always wondered if there’s something I’m missing so good know it’s not just me 😉

Warm regards
    Nikki

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22862

Hi Nikki,
    Thank you for the details.

I hope you are able to resolve it with the theme support.

Have a great day.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved