BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Editable Activity UTF-8

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Ivan Drabek on #48997

Hello, I have a problem with this plugin, when I edit text that contains šýáí and some other Czech characters, the text is cut off and only the text before these characters remains, the template is SocialV. The latest WP and BuddyPress and MediaPress, can you advise me?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49006

Hi Ivan,
    Thank you for reporting the issue.

Can you please confirm it is our plugin? I could not find any purchase for this plugin from your account and just thinking that it may not be ours.

Please confirm and we will test ours.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tomáš Hrách on #49010

Hello, I have the plugin under me, we work together on the same website and it is really your plugin.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49016

Hi Tomas,
    Thank you for confirming.

Our team will be testing it tomorrow and we will be writing back with a solution/more details.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Ivan Drabek on #49024

Thank you for helping us solve this 🙂

• Participant
    Tomáš Hrách on #49025

Thank you for helping us solve this because we don’t want to interfere directly with the code and we think it will help others as well.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49027

Hi Ivan, Tomas,
    Thank you both for your patience.
    We will be updating the plugin and not provide custom code.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Ivan Drabek on #49034

We didn’t mean it badly, it’s just that it’s unnecessary for our programmer to do it because maybe more people are solving it but they don’t know where to look for an answer or solve it and prefer to curse, that’s why we turn directly to you developers and we appreciate your work

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49035

Hi Ivan,
    Thank you.
    You are right about this. This is a basic issue if it is happening due to the plugin and the fix must go in the plugin.

I appreciate your support for us.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tomáš Hrách on #49040

Hi Brajesh,

we need that fix asap, when we can expect that update? It is problem, because when our members use diacritics when editimg activities or comments, letters are not displayed. There are two options 1/ you update plugin or 2/ we will grant you access to our admin to fix it.

Thanks for your support,

Tomas

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Editable Activity UTF-8’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved