BuddyDev

Search

Buddypress Extended User Group Widget Repeating Menu Bug

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Admin smallbizsupport on #24142

I have just installed your Buddypress Extended User Groups Widget

I then created a Tab/page using your Group Tabs plugin

I then add a shortcode for Buddypress Extended User Groups Widget to that page (using Widgets for shortcodes plugin)

Then All of my Menu Group Tabs repeat 3 times below the Group list

• Participant
    Admin smallbizsupport on #24143

For every Group listed it repeats the Groups Tabs menu once

So if the preson is a member of 2 Groups, it reapats the Group Tabs menu twice

If the preson is a member of 12 Groups, it reapats the Group Tabs menu a dozen times

• Participant
    Admin smallbizsupport on #24144

Also, if you click on any one of the Groups in the Group list it creates, you get a 404 error, it doesn’t take you to the Group. Is there any plan to fix any of these errors?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24145

Hi,
    Thank you for using the plugins.

I will explain the issue, reason and solution below.

1. BuddyPress Group Tabs creator has no bug and it is not causing the issue.
    2. The problem is arising as you are trying to nest group lists inside a group. Internally, both the single group and the extended group lists use same loop and the nested loop is conflicting.

Solution:- Do not put group list inside another group loop. BuddyPress does not allow nested group loops.

You may put the group list in the sidebar.
    Or, you will need to rewrite the extended group widget without using the default group loop
    https://github.com/buddydev/bp-extended-user-groups-widget/blob/master/class-bp-extended-user-groups-widget.php#L92

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved