BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypress Featured Member Feature Suggestion

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #40919

Hello,

Can you add a feature enable users to pay to get featured via woocommerce

Note a woocommerce product with set price is assigned as the featured member product.

Example

1. User goes to the (get-featured) page
    2. User clicks the get featured call to action button (this button can be displayed in a page via shortcode)
    3. Clicking the (get featured) button redirects user to woocommerce cart page for checkout
    4. After user makes successful payment in woocommerce checkout page then the user’s account is immediately set as featured.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40923

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the suggestion.

This is doable. We may not release this for everyone but I will get this done for you. It will need some time though as some of our development team members are away on holiday(it’s festival season in India).

Please ping back after 20th of this month and I will have someone work on it(or I will do it as there will be people to look after forums).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #40925

Thanks a lot Brajesh

In addition a time limit can be set e.g 30 days. After 30 days the users is no longer featured and will need to pay again.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40940

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the suggestion.

Anything that involves expiration after some time needs cron job and extra book keeping. For now, Let us keep it simple. If we ever planned to expand/release it, we can consider it again.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #40941

Ok thanks for the feedback just heads up I raised a request with a plugin that might compliment yours at https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-suggestion-for-buddypress-featured-members-plugin/

• Participant
    Tosin on #40942

Quick note after a user is featured the page (get-featured) should not be accessed

A redirect would be the best solution with condition

If user is featured and tries to access the (get-featured) page redirect the user to another custom page (already-featured)

• Participant
    Tosin on #41077

Hello Brajesh,

You said I should remind you about this request on 20th

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41080

Thank you Tosin.

We will be able to work on it in next couple of days. I or one of my team members will update you in next 5 working days on the implementation status.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41103

Hello Tosin,

Please try the following plugin. It allows you to make any WooCommerce product be set as a featured member product means anyone who buys this product will be marked as featured.

Plugin Url: https://github.com/buddydev/bpfm-woocommerce-addon/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

Look at the screenshot from the edit product screen in the admin section.

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/15419790?key=2cfaca55a8e0eb86565b148442c29507

Regards
    Ravi

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Ravi.
  • Participant
    Tosin on #41122

Thanks the addon worked perfectly.

Now

A redirect would be helpful for already featured users

If user is already featured and tries to access page (get-featured) and (featured-member-product) then redirect the user to another custom page (already-featured)

Thanks

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Buddypress Featured Member Feature Suggestion’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved