BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Follow

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    ARNOBIO SANTOS on #25759

See / Read: One member on wordpress.org – https://wordpress.org/support/topic/update-the-plugin-is-quite-old/

Hi @apeatling 🙂

Any chance there will be a update of this now three year old plugin or will it be left to rot in the plugin graveyard?

It’s a great plugin, so it would be be shame if it was abandoned…

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind answer.

Kind regards

———————————————-

Plugin AuthorAndy Peatling (@apeatling)

3 weeks, 1 day ago

I won’t be updating the plugin any further. There are some more recent updates here: https://github.com/r-a-y/buddypress-followers

==============================================

I WANT THIS PLUGIN.

Request for update and make it available to us. It would be a very good bonus to your wp.org profile and bring you more customers to your website.
    Study this possibility with great care.

Appreciate.

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #25764

This plugin is highly needed as it is the only replacement for the friendship component. Would it be possible for Buddydev to take over the development of this plugin maybe by creating a fork of the plugin and selling it as a premium I would not mind buying it has a premium plugin from Buddydev.

Thanks

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    HansRuedi Keller on #25767

Yes, please… Thumbs up for this suggestion!

Thanks, Hans

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25772

Hi All,
    Thank you for the suggestion.

Even though I am interested to support and further develop it, I will need permissions from Ray first. He has been maintaining for such a long time and I do not feel it is right to fork without his permission.

I have opened a topic on the github repo and have requested him to either distribute via wp.org or allow us to do the same.

I am looking forward to his response. It does not matter who maintains it, If the plugin becomes actively maintained and distributed via wp.org, It will be a win.

Best Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved