BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Friends Suggestions in member directory

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #37262

Hello,

1. While using the BuddyPress Friends Suggestions Pro plugin can you add option to display friend/follow suggestion in the members directory and make this tab the default selected navigation tab see example below

2. Add friend/follow suggestion rule based on a user’s blog post count/custom post type like advert. So users can follow top content creators/advertisers

https://ibb.co/RjRzR8J

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37321

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the suggestion. We will consider it in the future. Do you have any suggestion about how to allow selecting a rule set for the members directory?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #37324

The rule set I have in mind are

1.) a rule based on a user’s post count for either blog posts or custom post type (MOST IMPORTANT)
    2.) a rule based on recent active members
    3.) a rule based on mutual followers (that simply means suggestions based on other users who follow users similar to my own followers, this builds connections )
    4.) a rule to suggest only users who have uploaded their profile photo
    5.) a rule to only suggest verified accounts as priority using a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-verified-member/

After adding option to make the suggestion tab the default selected tab, can you also add option to disable/remove the (all members tab) in members directory.

What are your thoughts

• Participant
    Tosin on #37325

you can also add ability to change the tab text from (SUGGESTIONS) to either (FRIEND SUGGESTIONS) or (WHO TO FOLLOW)

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37340

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you.

Changing our way of suggestion will take some time as we are working on changing the source. At the moment, the source is limited to xprofile and we are unable to do much about ti quickly.

I will add a settings page to choose the rule for directory suggestion. We will not be able to add the option to set that tab as default as BuddyPress/Templates have very complex way of handling default tabs/filters on directory.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #37782

Hello,

How is this coming along, if its not possible to make it the default tab will it be possible to change its location to the first or second tab.

1. Can anything be done about the rule on post count
    2. Can you also add option to exclude specific users from a rule

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37793

Hi Tosin,
    I am sorry, we are unable to add the suggestions for directory currently. I have tested it with some of the templates and it is causing a lot of issue. It should be better avoided for now.

As of the Multi source rule, It will come but not right now. It will take some time. Our team has hands full with all the updated and preparing for BuddyPress 8.0 and we are unable to rewrite this plugin(Changing the strategy for multi source will add a lot of value but needs rewriting).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #37809

Ok thanks for the feedback

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved