BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Friends Suggestions Pro – Feature Suggestions

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    John B on #34698

I just enabled the BuddyPress Friends Suggestions Pro and it works great! Great job on this plugin!!

I’m not sure if you were planning on adding any additional features in the future, but if you are. Will you please consider the following items?

It would be cool if there was an option to hide users that have not uploaded a Profile Pic.
    It would be cool if the entire “You May Know” element was hidden if there were no additional friend suggestions.
    It would be really cool if one of the options in the setup was to display friends of friends.

I believe with most social media sites, the “You May Know” section contains mutual friends as well as suggestions based on location, hobbies, etc.

Thanks again!!! You all rock!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34705

Hi John,
    Thank you for the suggestions and the kind words.

Yes, we are actively looking to improve it further.

It would be cool if there was an option to hide users that have not uploaded a Profile Pic.

This one is tricky as BuddyPress does not store any information in database about user having a profile photo or not? Our plugins like BP profile completion/force profile photo does store it. I am not sure how reliable this will be to use it. So, Will be setting a lower priority with options to turn on if there is one of these plugins active.

It would be cool if the entire “You May Know” element was hidden if there were no additional friend suggestions.

This should be hidden when there are no suggestions. If it is not, It is a bug and we will push an update this week.

It would be really cool if one of the options in the setup was to display friends of friends.

Thank you. We are considering it. It will be available somtime in the future.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved