BuddyDev

Search

Buddypress Global Avatar in Multisite

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    leandrotavaresrocha on #19957

Hi,

I am looking for a way to be able to run buddypress in a subsite only and still able to obtain the avatar from buddypress in the other sites.

After I start to work with buddypress I noticed a strange behaviour when you run buddypress in the network mode (but enabled to run in the subsite) and activate the bbpress in a subsite. Usually I am able to assign forum to buddypress groups when I activate bbpress in the main forum, but I am unable once I active the bbpress in the same subsite that is running buddypress.

Due to the above problem, I decided to move all the social area to a subsite (activating buddypress in the subsite only), but now I am unable to obtain the avatar from buddypress in any other subsite.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19964

Hi,
    BuddyPress does not store the avatar path in database. It is folder based and since you have moved from the global to a site specific installation, I will be to look for “avatar” and “group-avatars” in your uploads directories of each site and then merging and moving to the sub site you have moved your BuddyPress.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved