BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Group Tab to open an Elementor Modal

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Michel GREGOIRE on #49044

Hi,

I need to open an Elementor modal when click on my added BuddyPress Group Tab, and I can’t actually achieve.

An idea?

Regards.

MG

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49045

Hi MG,
    Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.

The Group Tabs Plugin does not affect the content you put on a tab. It simply provides a container for inserting content to a tab.

If you are using elementor, you may consider creating a template and using a template shortcode to add elementor content on the tab.
    We have limited exposure to elemtnor, so not sure how their modal box works.

If you can provide us with the steps you have done to achieve it, we may be able to assist.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Michel GREGOIRE on #49051

Hi Brajesh!

Many thanks for your answer.

The steps have done are:

1 – I Create modal template.
    2 – Copy the shortcode in content.
    3 – It works with a template, but not with a modal.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

MG

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49069

Hi MG,
    Thank you for the details.

Does a modal feature come inbuilt with Elementor now? or are you using Elementor Pro/some addon?

My assumption is that either of the following 2 are possible:-

1. The java script for opening modal is not being loaded as the Modal creator plugin(elemntor/addon) assumes it to be on a post/page and Group is not a post/page.

2. Or the expected selector used for triggering modal is not found.

In both the cases, there is not much we can do as it is the plugin which provides modal have control over both of these. If you can link me to 2 pages( 1 where modal is working) and (1 on group where it is not working), I can assist you with the correct issue and how to approach it(will need to write to the the modal plugin dev team).

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved