BuddyPress Group Tabs Creator Pro & Subgroups

• Participant
    Nigel Booker on #34892

Need a bit of guidance…

I’m using BuddyBoss and let’s say I have 2 Groups – Group A & Group B
    Both have a Subgroup – Subgroup AA & Subgroup BA
    So I have:
    Group A
    SubgroupAA (which is a subgroup of Buyers)
    Group B
    SubgroupBA (which is a subgroup of Sellers)

If I go to Group A there’s a nav menu item ‘Subgroups’ linking to /groups/group-a/subgroups
    & likewise, for Group B there’s a nav menu item ‘Subgroups’ linking to /group/group-b/subgroups

I want the Subgroups menu item in Group A to be called Buyers & the Subgroup menu item in Group B to be called Sellers…

Can BuddyPress Group Tabs Creator Pro do that? I can create a Group Tab ‘Buyers’ with Tab label of ‘Buyers’ and use the Tab slug subgroups. That works great… except both subgroups get labelled Buyers. That’s obviously not what I want as Subgroup AA is a group of Buyers & Subgroup BA is a group of Sellers.

I hope that makes sense, lol. Can I have different Subgroup labels depending on the parent group?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34924

Hi Nigel,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

Yes, it will allow to rename sub groups for different groups as different labels.

Please add a new tab and mark it as existing and then Select the applicable group in the right sidebar.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Deanna Murry on #36260

I have tried this and keep getting stuck. I have one set for a group and have the settings to have the tab be for the group itself. Then when I try to change the label of subgroups in a different group type it gives 404 errors and my groups no longer work

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36265

Hi Deanna,

The only possible reason for 404 is the tab configuration is incorrect(most probably set as default component with inaccessible tabs).

Please open a new topic and share the site and credentials(please use private reply on the topic to share the credentials).
    We will assist you with it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Known-Admin on #36810

Hi Brajesh,

This regards sub-groups and I didn’t see another post to address this issue. I have a single sub-tab for a tab. I want to have the sub-tab name appear so that users know what the tab is about. But if there is only one sub-tab the sub-tab name doesn’t appear.

Here’s how I’m planning to use it: I have a tab called Group Options. Groups could have a calendar, a blog, or another feature. I want to build out the sub-tabs for each one and then just turn on/off the appropriate ones that the group has installed. Having no sub-tab is problematic for troubleshooting issues.

Is not having a sub-tab because there is only one something I just need to design around or might I be doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Dianne Blake
    NoNAdmin

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36873

Hi Dianne,

We did disable the listing of sub tabs if the number of tabs were less than 2.

Please allow me to push another update and add a filter to toggle it. We are unable to change the current behaviour due to existing user’s expectations. We will provide you a line of code to control this behaviour though.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Known-Admin on #36891

Oh my goodness, that would be perfect! Then we have a choice. I look forward to the update. Thank you and bless you. Dianne

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36928

Hi,
    Thank you for the patience.

Please upgrade to 1.1.7 and put this code either in your wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php or in your theme’s functions.php

// show sub tabs for Group Tabs Creator even if there is only one sub tab.
    add_filter( 'bpgtc_hide_sub_tabs_if_one', '__return_false' );

That will force it to show the single sub tab too.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Known-Admin on #36933

Oh my goodness Brajesh,

Thank you for such a quick response on allowing a single tab to appear. I’m looking forward to using this.

Can I ask another question?

It’s not clear to me how to add a Profile or Group sub-tab to an existing tab. I want to add HELP topics to each of the Profile and Group main tabs. This way the user has a help file available to them right where they need it.

I know that I need to identify the Main tab (by slug). But do I need to define all the sub-tabs in order and then list the new HELP tab afterwards, or do I just need to define the one HELP tab with a position number? I’m not even sure how they number the positions under each tab. Is there a resource that can help me? I did use the BuddyBoss customizer to move the order of the main tabs. So I had to guess what positions they were in when I wanted to add a new MAIN tab. 😊

I’m really taking advantage of your plug-in to give my users a helpful user experience because I find that most sites that interact with users don’t do that. They just link to something outside of the interaction area, which means opening additional browser tabs and hoping they will get the right answers.

Thanks again and blessings,
    Dianne Blake
    Known Universe

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36968

Hi Dianne,
    Thank you for the question.

1. No, you do not need to add all existing sub tabs. Just add the new sub tab that you want to have added.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved