Brajesh Singh on #36520

Hi Justin,
    Thank you for confirming.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Brandon Briscoe on #36614

Hi Brajesh, I am still having the problem after upgrading the plugin. Buddyboss also upgraded so I hope there aren’t compatibility issues there again. I cleared the groups tabs for this plugin and started over. I tried to move my preexisting 3rd party plugin tab “events” from last order to 2nd order. It went to 4th order. I then tried to create tabs in this plugin for the other existing tabs to see if it would then order relative to each other. So I created a tab for “Discussions” and tried to make that tab go to 3rd order – it went to 1st order … I’ve tried a number of different options and its seems that the number ordering is just not working and I don’t understand what’s going on.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36636

Hi Brandon,
    Thank you for the reply.

Please do remember that the Numbers are not actual positions. If 3 tabs have numbers 5, 2, and 100 assigned. The tab with number 2 will appear as first and number 100 as the last.

All the Group tabs have a pre existing numbers assigned(By BuddyPress/BuddyBoss and other plguins). In order to re-order tabs, you will need to know that order.

Here is the list for BuddyBoss

Members - 10
    Feed - 11
    Subgroups - 20
    Invites - 70
    Messages - 70
    Forums- 80
    Photos 80
    Albums 85
    Documents - 85
    Manage - 1000

Please use the number accordingly to move the tab.

Please let me know which plugin are you using for the events and I will assist you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Brandon Briscoe on #36651

Ok, thank you for the feedback. That’s good to know. The events plugin I’m using is BuddyPress Simple Events Pro. All I really needed to do was to move the events tab up to 2nd position, it was in last – I can adjust the BuddyBoss tabs through their group navigator options, but that’s not the case for a 3rd party plugin. If I assign it “2” it goes to 4th position, if I assign it “1” it goes to 3rd position, if I assign 0 it goes to the back. When I tried making a tab position for the tab in front of it – Discussions – Discussions moved to either 1st or last place, but not 3rd. Feed is set to be 1st and default, and I want to keep it that way. Then when I tried different groups, I actually noticed positions changing between the front 3 tabs, as if there was some randomness at play – maybe that was just cached website data despite refreshing, I don’t know. There’s something strange going on here.

Honestly, I’m ok with where the events tab is now at 3rd position. But I never really did figure out how to have full control over the tab ordering. When I start creating more tab rules to try to order all the tabs in a relative way, it just doesn’t behave in the intended way.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Known-Admin on #36914

Hello Brajesh,

I noticed that you used a POST to insert content into a tab. Can we not use an Elementor section or a page? I’ve built HELP pages for my users. I would like to create help tabs and insert content that they can ready without having to link to a page. Are POSTS the only way to go?

Thanks, Dianne

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36929

Hi,
    Thank you for the question.

The problem is elementor assumes it has control over the whole page not just part of it. In case of BuddyPress/BuddyBoss, our content is only on a sub part of the screen.

If you use use elementor designed content, the styles may not be preserved.

There is a solution though. If you really want to use elementor, design a page using elementor and mark that as “template”. now, you can use elemntor shortcode to embed that page in the sub tab. It will preserve the style.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Known-Admin on #36934

Wow Brajesh! That’s a great tip. I’ll give it a try.

Thank you so very much for your assistance.
    Blessings to you,
    Dianne

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36966

Hi Dianne,
    Thank you.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Group Tabs Creator Pro tab ordering issue’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved