BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress group Tabs Creator Pro – The Events Calendar

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Quint A. Rahaman, Jr. on #45461

Hello,

The Events Calendar Pro along with the Community Events plugin provides the ability for members to submit their own events via a shortcode embedded on a page. Can this shortcode be used on a specific group tab created via this plugin?

I ask here because you may have encountered this question before and I don’t the Events Calendar plugins…

Quint

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #45462

Hello Quint,

Thank you for posting. Yes, You can use any type of shortcode as a content of the tab created using this plugin. Please give it a try and let me know if you face any issues.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Quint A. Rahaman, Jr. on #45466
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45467

Hi Quint,
    Thank you for the reply.

I am looking at it now. It is probably due to empty slug. I will update you in 1 hour.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45468

Hi Quint,
    Thank you for the patience.

The issue was the default sub tab was not active. Please edit the group tab and put your own content in place of the temporary placeholder I have put there.

Please let me know if it works for you or not?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Quint A. Rahaman, Jr. on #45471

Hello Brajesh,

Thanks for quickly circling back. This almost worked. The subtab that you added was not visible when I navigated to the Test Group. See attachment.

Only when I added a second subtab did they both became visible. See attachment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/upt3blbdr48mxbt/Screen%20Shot%202022-06-22%20at%202.50.02%20AM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3ur7yzybb90438/Screen%20Shot%202022-06-22%20at%202.53.03%20AM.png?dl=0

Quint

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45472

Hi Quint,
    Thank you.

That is expected behaviour. in case of groups, if there is only sub tab, we hide the sub tab navigation and simply show the content.

Do you want to change this behaviour?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Quint A. Rahaman, Jr. on #45473

Hello Brajesh,

I understand the thought behind that approach. The one disadvantage I see is documentation that advises the user regarding the use of specific tabs, when eventually, the Admin may decide to remove all tabs but one, yet the documentation still refers to the tab label that the user can no longer see.

It’s an outlier given the extremely low probability of occurring. No change recommended other than a note/text making the Admin aware that if only one subtab exists, then its label will not render since it’s not necessary.

Cheers,
    Quint

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45486

Thank you Quint.
    I will add the note.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved