BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Group Tabs- Nesting existing tabs?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Michael Bronder on #46276

Hi- I’m very impressed with both the functionality and documentation for this plugin!

I would like to “Nest” certain BuddyPress tabs under a custom tab to save space and make navigation a bit easier in certain groups… Specifically I would like to nest photos, documents, albums, and videos under a custom tab called “Shared Docs.”

I can arrange that fine as long as the original “photo” tab (for instance) is enabled, and viewable. As soon as I hide that, however, I get a 404 message when I click from the new subnav tab for “photos.” Does that make sense?

I suppose the logic makes sense, if you “hide” a slug within a group then it’s actually not available in that group… But I’m wondering if you have any other ideas or solutions?

Many thanks for any thoughts…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46281

Hi Michael,
    Thank you for being a valuable member.

This is a limitation of BuddyPress/BuddyBoss. Their url is bound with callback and if we try to change that It does not work.

The reason is BuddyPress/BuddyBoss uses the slug part in the url for action/componets instead of having something else to deremine the current state.

I am very sorry about this but this is currently a limitation imposed by the base plugin and there is not much we can do.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved