BuddyDev

Search

Buddypress Groups

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Sheraton on #12348

Within Buddypress group the setting allow the group to be public or private! However when the group is public and a member of the group post something, that post goes to activity stream on the front end. I like a code that I can put in my Custom CSS, that would only allow the (Admin of the Group) post to be seen in the overall community stream of activity when the setting is set to public. Members of the group post can only be seen within the group, when set to public.

Regards

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12350

Hi Sheraton,
    Thank you for posting.

For the above use case, BuddyPress Activity privacy plugin seems like best fit to me.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-activity-privacy/

Here is a screenshot of their privacy levels for group
    https://ps.w.org/buddypress-activity-privacy/assets/screenshot-2.png?rev=824038

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sheraton on #12352

The plugin as not been updated in 2 years. Also support has stop. How about a code that would work in my CSS. Also I looking for a fix that will last a very long time. Thanks for the tip, I open for ideals?

Regards

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12361

Hi Sheraton,
    Thank you.

I am sorry but it is not feasible via css. BuddyPress does not have a proper notion of privacy for activity(It is all or none, either hidden from all or visible to all) yet.

I haven’t seen many solution for the activity privacy. That’s why I had suggested that approach.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sheraton on #12365

How about a plugin developed? and where can I start for coding this?

Regards

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved