BuddyDev

Search

Buddypress & Mediapress integration

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Chris on #51221

Hello there!

This is likely the plugin I need but am unsure how to integrate it into Buddypress. Currently the links to upload are underneath the status bar, and not too sure how to allow to be the ones within the status bar itself.

It looks like this after enabling some preferences:

https://i.imgur.com/lTCZVTp.png

Any help would be appreciated!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51240

Hi Chris,
    Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.

is there any chance you are using Youzer/Youzify?

The plugin has issues with Youzify/Youzer and even though the developer of Youzer got in contact 2 years ago, It seems they did not add support for MediaPress as I did not hear much from them after couple of mails.

We will be glad to assist you but Youzer is very different from default BuddyPress template architecture and it is not feasible for us to support(in fact, we have incompatibility with Youzer plugin and Viking theme, all others should work fine).

Please let me know if I am mistaken about your use of the Youzify and I will be glad to assist further.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chris on #51253

Hello Brajesh,

Thank you!

I am using the Youzify plugin and did not think it would be a conflict with it, but that makes sense. That’s odd, their support is usually pretty excellent, I went ahead and opened a ticket so see if they too could try and take a stab at remedying it.

What information would you need from me to see how we can fix it?

I appreciate your willingness to help despite it being an issue with a different plugin!

Thanks,
    Chris

• Participant
    Chris on #51255

Hello Brajesh,

Update, it seems they would likely not integrate it because they have their own album system. Could you still help me in replacing Youzify’s Activity Page with Mediapress’ for media? Would very much appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Chris

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51275

Hi Chris,
    I am sorry but we regret our inability to assist you with it.

The people behind Youzer do not use the default BuddyPress conventions and they may break it when the want. Our plugins are compatible with most of the themes except Youzer/Youzify and Viking theme(due to lack of hooks).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chris on #51394

Brajesh,

I’m not particularly adept in coding, but have been trying to swap the two links/functions to no luck. Would you reconsider helping me in just swapping out the functions or would it take a lot of additional coding?

https://imgur.com/a/RNSrQfN

Any help or how to do it in heading in the right direction would be very much appreciated!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51406

Hi Chris,
    I am sorry for your inconvenience.

I can help you with swapping buttons but that is not sufficient enough to make it work with Youzer. It will need a lot more effort to make it work with Youzify plugin.

I wish I could assist you with it. If possible, go with their media component for now as that is what the youzify team intends for its users.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved