BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypress member type registration doesn't work.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Frank Schumann on #26078

First the Basics: I habe installed:
    BP 5.0.0, BuddyPress Member Types Pro 1.3.3, BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types 1.1.1 all on WP 5.2.4. nö other plugins for the moment.
    The Problem: I created to Member Types: 1. Arbeitgeber=Contributor, 2. Bewerber=Subscriber, and I usw the buddypress Registration form, where you must select one of both member types (as Single Member).
    Now the courios thing is: as Bewerber I can register, but if I want to register as Arbeitgeber, nothing happens just the registration form get loaded again, neigther registration and nor an error. I tried a lot o other possibilities also changed the default Member role of wo to contributor, but doesn’t helped as well.
    I made also other Websites with this plugin without any problems. So my question what is wrong now?
    You can check this out here: https://test.tueftler-jobs.de/registrieren/ don’t must to filout the form only Name is required and at Bewerber a birthday over 16 s required.
    Hope somebody can help me in this issue. Thanks so much.

• Participant
    Frank Schumann on #26082

Wow. I resolved the Problem by my own and want to share this here, in case somone get the same registration problems.

I used for the member type Bewerber the birthday fiele where I set the min age to 16 years. This fiele was not available for the other memeber. but how I learned now the min age of the birthday field takes effect to all member types as required, but because the other member types could not see this field therefor comes also no error. Finally I took out the min age and everone can now register.

So stupit but so true. It was eating me some days of testing.

All the best
    Frank

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26088

Hi Frank,
    Thank you for sharing. Makes sense.

I am glad you resolved it and shared with us.

Best regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Frank Schumann on #26099

Hi Brajesh,
    Anhow maybe you could work on this Problem in the next Version, because that 2 members may have different min age is not so unpossible 🙂
    all the best.
    Frank

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26102

Hi Frank,
    thank you.

I will certainly look into it in future.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved