BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Member Types Pro for BuddyPress in Multi Blog mode

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    politron on #50462

Hi!
    I am a new user of the BuddyPress Member Types Pro plugin.

I’ve installed it on a MultiSite website, but at the moment I would like to use Member Types only on one subsite. Later, I would like to do the same installation on the second and third subsites, all of which would be completely separate from each other and with completely different users. But all these subsites should have the same Member Types, except that these Member Types will be listed in different languages.

I am using your BuddyPress Multi Network plugin to run the MultiSite installation. I also use the Paid Memberships Pro plugin for the only possible registration on the site. I also use the Paid Memberships Pro plugin – BuddyPress & BuddyBoss Add On (https://wordpress.org/plugins/pmpro-buddypress/).

After installing the BuddyPress Member Types Pro plugin, I first went to “Dashboard->Network Admin->Settings->Member Types”, where I set: “Let me choose it on sub site”. – See picture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/156VuR6EDOpqOT-6hyguEH3jhOkYw__6J/view?usp=sharing

Then I went to subsite Dashboard->SubSite->Users->Member Types. I was expecting existing member types to be listed here in the same way as you have listed in the instructions here: https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-member-types-pro/managing-member-types-using-buddypress-member-types-pro/ .

Unfortunately, after installing your plugin, this page is not as stated in the instructions mentioned above. After installing the plugin, the Member Types page on the subsite has not changed and still looks like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DyIVUAmxGLSx6HeV2jDs4B8wykUYRiRe/view?usp=sharing

As I have now found out, the problem is probably that we are using BuddyPress in Multi Blog mode (this means that the wp-config.php file contains the code: define( 'BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG', true ); .

Please let me know if you have a solution to set the Member Types functionality to work in Multi Blog mode and the way I wrote above in the second paragraph.

Thanks,
    M. Papez

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50467

Hi,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

If all your sites are separate instance of BuddyPress, please do not network activate this plugin.

Please activate it on the sub sites you need. Then you will see Member Types(pro) menu under users and can manage it from there.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    politron on #50489

Hi!
    Thank you very much for the instruction. Just as you advised, the plugin works.

On the Members page, existing members who were previously registered are NOT displayed (not even on the type tabs), but only those who were registered (PMPro registration) after the plugin was already loaded and activated.
    If there might be a simple solution that would solve the display of old members too, please write it. If there isn’t such a solution, that’s okay too, because the site is still in the development phase.

Thanks again!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50503

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

We do not restrict any user from listing on member type tabs. It is probably happening due to conflict with some plugin.

The most probable reason is your old members did not login to site and have no last activity set. BuddyPress does not list users without last active time in member directory. Try using “Alphabetical” filter. That should show the users.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    politron on #50573

Thank you very much for your help. I assume the problem is in the connection between PmPro and BP. For now, at this stage, this is not very important, as it is currently only for test users. Thanks again and best regards!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50587

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.
    I hope that the issues gets resolved before your site goes live.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved