BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Member Types Pro > new Profile Group > Registration page

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Sam Morris on #22047

Hi Brajesh – I’m not able to get any Profile Fields created within in a New Group (a non-primary group) to appear on the BP registration form. I’m using your BuddyPress Member Types Pro plugin to allow new registrants to choose their member level (default is “Individuals” while there is the option of “Service Providers”. If they select “Service Providers” as their member type (which is fine to leave in Primary Group), they must then be presented with other fields from within the new Profile Group “Service Provider info” that I’ve created. However, I can only get the fields in that group to appear after dragging them back into “Primary” Group. They’re not appearing if they’re still “Service Providers info” Group. And this also messes up the BP Profile settings page, as the Service Info would be listed under Personal Info tab. You understand, I’m sure.

I have the following of your plugins installed: Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress, (BuddyDev) BP Auto Login on Activation, BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro & BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Sam

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22059

Hi Sam,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forums.

This is an expected behaviour. In BuddyPress, only first profile field group appears on registration page. That’s why it is happening.

Also, you do not need the Conditional Profile fields(selecting proper member type on field add/edit page will work as condition automatically if you enable it from the member types plugin’s settings page).

I don’t see any solution for this using multiple profile field groups on registration page.

A better strategy will be to associate fields and their availability to member types and only let users select basic data and member types on registration page. That will make their profile fields personalized to the member type(available fields).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Sam Morris on #22100

Thank you, Brajesh. You’re right. It’s a solution. Not ideal, but it does get the job done.

Take care,
    Sam

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22105

Thank you Sam.
    I am sorry, I could not assist you with your originally planned workflow. I am happy that the current work flow works though.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Member Types Pro > new Profile Group > Registration page’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved