BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Member Types Pro question

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Irene Gimeno on #18516

Hi!

I have 4 member types in my site (created with Member Types Pro). I want each of the member types to have a free and a premium membership level (created with PMPro)
    When registering an user in the site, he/she is associated directly with one of the Free Levels of PMPro (Paid Membership Pro). This is one of the options of Buddy Press Member Types plugin

When this member change from a free to premium level, the field ¨member type¨ of the xtended profile become empty and it´s not showed any more in the public profile url.

Normally, changing membership levels shouldn´t have no effect on member type

Could you help?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18517

Hi Irene,
    Thank you for posting.

is there any chance that you are using the PMpro BuddyPress Addon? That addon chnages user’s member type.

If yes, Can you please disable that temporary and then change level and let me know if it affects the member type?

If no, Can you please tell me if changing membership level changes the WordPress role in any way?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Irene Gimeno on #18523

Hi Brajesh

Again you have been really helpful
    Yes, the issue is crated by PMpro BuddyPress Addon, I tried without it and the member type remains.

However I needed this addon because I wanted to restrict Private Message of buddyPress to paid membership, I mean free membership level don´t have this feature only Premium level
    What options do I have? Can you help me?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18539

HI Irene,
    Thank you.

I have checked it and it seems the only way to disable it will be comment a line of code in the PMPro BuddyPress addon.

You will need to comment this line

https://github.com/strangerstudios/pmpro-buddypress/blob/dev/includes/member-types.php#L24

bp_remove_member_type( $user_id, $member_type );

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Irene Gimeno on #18540

Thanks again.

Sorry I’m not an expert… how can I “comment” this line? What do I need to do?
    Again thanks for your support

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18558

Hi Irene,
    No problem.
    You can edit the file(are you familiar with FTP or anything similar? If no, Please let me know, I Can do it for you).

And change this line

bp_remove_member_type( $user_id, $member_type );

to

//bp_remove_member_type( $user_id, $member_type );

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘BuddyPress Member Types Pro question’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved