BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Member Types Pro question

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Irene Gimeno on #21361

Hi!

I have 4 member types in my site (created with Member Types Pro). I want each of the member types to have a free and a premium membership level (created with PMPro).

When registering an user in the site, he/she is associated directly with one of the Free Levels of PMPro (Paid Membership Pro). This is one of the options of Buddy Press Member Types plugin

When this member change from a free to premium level, the field ¨member type¨ of the xtended profile become empty and it´s not showed any more in the public profile url.

Normally, changing membership levels shouldn´t have no effect on member type

Some time ago you proposed me that the issue was coming from this line (I couldn’t check until now)

You will need to comment this line

https://github.com/strangerstudios/pmpro-buddypress/blob/dev/includes/member-types.php#L24

bp_remove_member_type( $user_id, $member_type );

However this solution is not working. Could you support?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21384

Hi Irene,
    Thank you for the details.

Please allow me to look at it and get back to you later today.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Irene Gimeno on #21454

Hi Brajesh, Do you have any update about this issue?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21477

Hi Irene,
    Thank you for the patience.

I have checked their code again and we will need to update(most probably). As far as I see, changing Membership level is changing member type.

For now, Please allow me another 24 hours, there might be a simple solution. We can keep member type to level to member type. I need to test a little more before providing an update.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21493

Hi Irene,
    I have tested it now.
    The problem is still happening due to PMPro changing member type.
    Since we do not use PMPro’s member type functionality, you can simply comment this line

https://github.com/strangerstudios/pmpro-buddypress/blob/dev/pmpro-buddypress.php#L27

The line is

require_once( PMPROBP_DIR . '/includes/member-types.php' );

That will disable PMPro changing member type and will fix the issue.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved