BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypress member types pro visibility issue

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #52908

Hello Brajesh

I recently noticed that the member types pro conditional visibility feature is not working again in the registration page. Specific profile fields have been restricted to specific member types but all the restricted fields are showing in the registration page.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52909

Hello Tosin,

Please let me the following things:

1. Is setting “Enable Member Type based Conditional registration fields” enabled or not?
    2. Is it coming in the latest BuddyPress version ‘14.0’?
    3. Which template pack you are using?
    4. Is there any chance your restricted profile fields available to “users with no member type”?

Please share the site registration link so that I can check

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Tosin on #52910
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Tosin on #52911

The member type field is located in the primary field group while the restricted profile fields are located in another custom profile field group.

• Participant
    Tosin on #52912

The main reason why I want the restricted profile fields in another profile field group is because of user experience with logged in users who are editing profile fields.

1. conditional visibility feature does not work for users who are editing profile fields so all restricted profile fields are visible to users which is a poor user experience.

2. Separating the restricted field into another field group would be a better experience since logged in users first need to save their chosen member type option in the primary field group before they can save the corresponding restricted profile field in the custom profile field group.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52914

Hello Tosin,

Thank you for the acknowledgement. Yes, The plugin was listing only signup fields from the primary group. I have updated the plugin. Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version i.e. 1.5.4 and give it a try.

Plugin URL: https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-member-types-pro/

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Tosin on #52916

This issue is now fixed

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52917

Hello Tosin,

Thank you for the acknowledgement.

Regards
    Ravi

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Buddypress member types pro visibility issue’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved