BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Members List

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Jim Davis on #14959

New here and if this is in the wrong place or not allowed please let me know.

I’m running a WordPress site with BuddyPress installed. It also had BuddyBoss and s2Member. I had some conflicts that was being caused by NextGen Pro and after I deactivated it some features stated working.

The problems I’m still having revolve around the members list and friend requests:

If I click on members it returns:

Members

Last Active (drop down) doesn’t matter which I choose

All Members 16 (shows how many active user in the number but doesn’t return a list of members.

Sorry, no members were found.

If I click on a group and a member of that group and send a friend request the other user can see the request, but when you click on the request it disappears and you cannot accept. But in the sidebar memu it still shows one friend request.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, at this point any direction would be good…lol… I’m new to BuddyPress and WordPress development and setup. I dabble in C# and have done some PHP in the past.

Thank you,
    Jim

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14968

Hi Jim,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

It seems that some plugin or code in causing the issue.

The possible ways to find the problematic code is

1. search for ‘bp_after_has_members_parse_args’. is some code using it. Try working around it.

2. Look for ‘bp_pre_user_query’ and ‘bp_pre_user_query_construct’ and see if any code is using it(except BuddyPress core)

3. search for ‘pre_user_query’ and see if anything is attached to it.

4. Look for ‘bp_ajax_querystring’ and see if it is doing something with users.

If any of the above is found, Please try disabling/working around it.

There are the most probable cause of members being hidden.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jim Davis on #14969

Thank you! I have every single plugin disabled but still have the issue. Maybe one of them rewrote something. Any files you consider prime suspects? I can start going through all of them but that would take a long time. If there are ones that are more probable I can start with those.

Again Thank you for the tip and the quick reply!!!
    Jim

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #14979

Hello Jim,

There is a WordPress plugin which shows attached functions on different hooks. That might help you
    to get more accurate info. You can download the plugin from the following URL.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simply-show-hooks/

Thank you
    Ravi

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Ravi.
  • Participant
    Jim Davis on #14984

Thank you so much for your help! I’ll check that out. I’d rather find out the cause than do a reinstall, mainly because i want to know… lol

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14988

Hi Jim,
    Please try what Ravi suggested.

there are 3 more possibilities

1. the culprit code may be in wp-content/plugin/bp-custom.php
    2. Something in the current theme/child theme is affecting it

3. The users did not login to the site and their last active time is not set. BuddyPress will not list these users(It is very less likely from your above posts).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jim Davis on #14993

I installed the plugin and trying to make sense of it, specifically which .php file it’s referring to. As for the theme I disabled the BuddyBoss theme and switched to the WordPress default theme. Same issue.

The only thing I’ve come across is on BuddyPress saying to do a manual install of WordPress and not a cpanel one click install (this was a one-click install). Another thing I realized too was that this was an import from Hostgator to SiteGround. Not sure if something happened there.

I’m going to look at it when I get home from work to see if I can stop anything. Sadly I may have to backup everything reinstall WordPress, create a new database, install BuddyPress and test to see if it works. If so, then back it up and point it to the other database to see if it still works.

But first I’m going to see if I can spot anything using the methods you’ve both suggested. Also I’ve checked the Database and all test members are showing recent activity and their timestamp does update.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved