BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypress Message Attachment

• Participant
    Level: Master
    JohnnyNW on #31184

Hi. You’re a magician with Buddypress 🙂

And out of curious desperation, cause you don’t have it available on your site…I tried out this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-message-attachment/

Called Buddypress Message Attachment.

It works great only on my WAMP localhost, and not on live server = files download at 0 bytes only on live server.

I tried file and folder permissions, WP error logs, Apache error logs, etc. but I can’t figure out why downloading files on Private Messages works on only localhost (WAMP), but not on live site – they are identical, from Apache to PHP versions.

Any suggestions?

Sorry, it was a shot in the dark, because you and your team are just that great with Buddypress.

PS I did try the github version – but 100% not working (still in development). I tried the only other plugin available for this task, but it’s way too taxing on server, just over kill LOL

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31199

Hi JJ,
    Thank you for the topic.

We will be glad to check and update it. Please allow us 7-10 days as our current schedule leaves a very small room for anything.

I will keep you updated.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #31205

Thanks.

Just note, there are not WP errors, no php erros, no errors in php log, no errors, just when the file downloads on live server, it tries to download attachment, get 0k “failed”.

Looking forward to any suggestions, as it works perfect on localhost.

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31208

Hi JJ,
    Thank you.

It has most probably to do with the headers.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #31215

You are correcto-mundo! The issue was with WP Hide plugin – I updated it – BOOM – Buddypress Message Attachment works on live server.

Thank you for allowing me to bounce it off you – it helped me, trust.

Take care and best.

I can’t believe how hard it was to get this working…it says it hasn’t been worked on in at least 3 WP revisions, yet there is nothing else like it I could find (except 1, over the top plugin that ruins the Private Messaging).

Oh well – totally needed 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31229

🙂
    I am glad you were able to resolve it. I hope it helps others too.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Buddypress Message Attachment’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved