Is there any way to take bulk actions (Restore, Delete, etc…) on items in the Moderation Queue? There are checkboxes to select multiple, as well as the Select All checkbox, but seemingly no way to actually do anything with this selection. It is exceptionally cumbersome to have to open each one when you already know which action you want to take on many.
Moreover, it seems like the only way to restore an item is to click on View. There isn’t a button/link for Restore in the Moderation Queue. This seems like something that should be added as well.
Am I missing a setting or other function?
- Brajesh Singh on May 16, 2022 at 10:55 pm #44988
Thank you for the question.
1. Currently, the bulk action is not available for delete/restore. We used that space for filtering(hidden/non hidden content).
I do understand that we have overlooked this due to our bias towards the expected workflow(we assumed that all moderation reports will be assessed before taking action ).
We will be adding the bulk restore/delete button in the next update of this plugin.
@sbrajesh Here are a few other suggestions for improvements to this plugin that I think would make it much more efficient and pleasing to use.
1. In the Moderation History page, show the action taken (Restored, Deleted, etc…)
2. Some function or mode to make it easier to move from one item in the cue to the next. Either when you take an action it moves you to the next item automatically, or add “Next” and “Previous” buttons to advance.
3. Add Restore or Delete buttons/links to the Queue, so that you can take action without opening the item.
4. As described before, ability to talk bulk actions using the existing checkboxes and action dropdown.
- Brajesh Singh on May 21, 2022 at 5:52 pm #45047
Thank you for the suggestions Nick.
I am not sure if we have the point 1 already there or not. Will be adding these in our next release.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.