BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Moderation Tools – Center the Report an Issue pop up

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    John B on #29869

Is there a way to automatically center the “Report an Issue” pop up box when a user clicks on Report?

The pop up box more times than not appears off the screen on all mobile devices. It seems that this plugin is not responsive ready.

I get it that you want the pop up to appear next to the Report button. But at what cost? Always opening the pop up near the Report button makes this plugin useless. If a user needs to report an issue, and the “Report an Issue” pop up windows appears off the screen, it makes the website seem broken or outdated.

Will you please add an option to center the pop up so that it appears correctly on desktop and mobile? If you wont do that, do you know of a way that site owners like myself can force the pop up to center itself vertically and horizontally so that I can continue to use the plugin?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29875

Hi John,
    Thank you for reporting.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

I was not aware that the popup is not responsive. Which theme are you using? Also, are you using BuddyPress or BuddyBoss platform?

Our goal is to provide a responsive popup which works on mobile screens(It does with couple of themes).

Please let me know the details and I will assist.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    John B on #29998

I’m using a custom theme that I created myself. I don’t think the theme is the issue. The problem is that the pop up window never appears in the center of the screen after clicking on Report. The pop up appears next to the Report button.

How do I make it so that no matter what, the pop up always appears in the center of the screen horizontally and vertically?

Thx

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30006

Hi John,
    I will check with 1-2 themes today to confirm the issue and will get back to you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    John B on #30017

Here is what it looks like on mobile.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bNbjj9oByROos3ekcA8V2IQz3vkjCLjf

For me, it doesn’t matter where the report button is, when you click on the Report button, the pop up appears next to it. Here is what it looks like on desktop.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vwUfheUOlr3oujtgXHyJPE9se5Yms7Ql

Again, it would be nice if the pop up always centered itself to avoid running off the screen on desktop and mobile.

Thx

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30018

Hi John,
    Thank you for sharing the screenshots.

from your screenshots, all I can see is you want the popup to be vertically centered. I do not think that is justified general use case(I will still provide a solution specifically for you).

Reason:- The vertical length of screen space varies across phones and there is no guarantee that vertically pushing to top will make the whole form visible on mobile.

When we talk about center, we mean horizontally centered content(which is already there for mobile devices).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    John B on #30072

Please don’t forget about me.

Thx, JC

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30098

Hi JC,
    I will need some time on this.

I have checked and the current popopver library we are using does not support vertical centring.

It is possible for us to provide multiple ways to show the report form, I will be adding support for another popup. It will allow you to choose form the settings while defaulting to current behaviour.

I will need 1-2 weeks to have it in the plugin.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    John B on #30099

You’re awesome! Thank you..

• Participant
    John B on #30747

Have you had time to look into this yet? Thanks again..

The topic ‘BuddyPress Moderation Tools – Center the Report an Issue pop up’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved