BuddyDev

Search

Buddypress Moderation User notification on hiding activity not working and links

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Casper on #52210

Hi, just a quick question. So I just realized that User notification on hiding activity is not sending the user an email notification when their activity post get’s posted and is under moderation. I have ”
    Notify activity creator when their activity is hidden?” checked to “Yes” and I have content in the box for the notification. Both “User notification on restoring activity” and “User notification on activity delete” seem to be working fine, so it’s just that notification for the first “User notification on hiding activity” that seems to not be working. So for that, do you know what could be going on there and what can be done to fix it?

Also, for the ones that are working, I’m trying to insert a link in the notification email content. I’m using this format: Text content to display here

Upon clicking “Save changes” (so on the “Activity” edit tab/page), when the page refreshes, the link is missing and it just displays the text (the link is missing in the edit tab/page). To further confirm, I did a test and the user receives the email with the text but no link attached (which makes sense since the link seems to be removed upon saving changes).

So I’m wondering if this has to do with the link/text formula I’m using? If so, is there another one that would be more appropriate/function better? Or alternatively is this linking simply not something that can happen here? Any information/insight into all of the above would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Participant
    Casper on #52224
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52225

Hello Casper,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I am sorry for not getting your issue. Please help me to understand your issue so that I can help you. Please let me know if I am right or wrong here.

1. You users are not getting any acknowledgement email that their activity is under moderation or marked as hidden. I am assuming the “Hold new activities in moderation” setting is disabled here.
    2. By the “Activity edit tab/page” you are referring to the edit activity screen in the backend?

It would be great if you could provide me screenshots or a short video of your issues. Also, let me know which version of the plugins i.e. “BuddyPress Moderation Tools” and “BuddyPress” you are using.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Casper on #52351
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52353
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52354

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved