BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Multi Network Change / Upload Profile Avatar Issue

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    509tyler on #16411

For some reason when I have the BuddyPress Multi Network network active, and BuddyPress active only on a sub-site, the option to Change/Upload Avatar is not available (does not appear). I have confirmed that I have that option active in the BuddyPress admin area.

Have you encountered this issue before?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16421

Hi,
    Please visit Dashboard->Settings->BuddyPress for that sub site and make sure that the option to allow profile photo and profile background are enabled. Save it(even if already enabled) and visit front end. Does it work now?

• Participant
    509tyler on #16424

Yes, I have verified that those setting are enabled on the sub site. The cover photo option is present and works as expected, however the upload Avatar functionality does not appear as expected. Even when I manually attempt to access /members/{my-user-name}/profile/change-avatar/ I get a 404 page not found error.

I assume that BuddyPress does NOT need to be active on the primary site – or does it?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16433

Hi 509tyler,
    Thank you.

I don’t think there was any restriction like that. It might be the newer version of BP. I will test and get back to you tomorrow.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    509tyler on #16441

Yes, I am using the latest version of BuddyPress 3.1.0 – thank you for testing and report back your findings.

• Participant
    509tyler on #16533

Hello Brajesh,

What did you discover while using BuddyPress 3.1.0?

Tyler

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16534

Hi Tyler,
    It works fine for me.

Please see
    https://youtu.be/ApumkoyVSbs

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    509tyler on #16540

Hello Brajesh,

Yes, I see now the issue. I think my issue was that I tried to activate buddypress on the subsite BEFORE I had the BuddyPress Multi Network plugin network installed and network activated.

I have now tested activating buddypress on a subsite and everything appears to be working.

Do you have an idea how I can correct the issue on the subsite where I had previously attempted to use buddypress and had it activated? I can easily delete those tables from this subsite if needed.

What do you suggest? Thank you.

Tyler

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16544

Hi Tyler,
    I am not sure what will work in this case.

Try deactivating and reactivating BuddyPress and then saving BuddyPress settings

If that does not work, you may have to delete BuddyPress specific settings for that blog’s options table and the deactivate/activate again.

Best regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    509tyler on #16600

In the plugin description it states: “This plugin in addition creates a table which tracks the users associated with various networks.”

What table is created? I will see if deleting this table and doing a clean install of BuddyPress and BuddyPress Multi Network will correct the issue.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved