BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Multi Network not allowing group creating and not showing users.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Michael on #7640

I have a BuddyPress install network activated on my multi site, and I set up BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG to true.
    After I network activated the BuddyPress Multi Network plugin there was no issue with pages being deleted and no notice to set up BuddyPress again as the install guide says “When you activate this plugin on a Existing BuddyPress based site, It will ask you to setup the BuddyPress again”

Now when I visit a subdomain/subsite there are no users showing in the members page and no groups on the groups page. If i try and set up a new group I get this message “There was an error saving group details. Please try again.”

Is this an issue people have come across using this plugin? and any suggestions on a solution?

Thank you!
    Mike

• Participant
    Michael on #7641

UPDATE: So I did find this thread -> https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/multi-blog-plugin-there-was-an-error-saving-the-group/#post-199
    and the solution was to visit the subsite as a super admin and save the component settings page under settings -> BuddyPress

This worked to create groups, butr there are still no users showing on the members page.

And this solution worked this once HOWEVER this wont work in the long term as subsites are created by the user on my site and I cant visit the newly created site and save the component settings page on every new site created. Is this something you need to do to fix existing subsites before the BuddyPress Multi Network plugin is installed or is this going to be an issue that remains on each newly created site?

Thank you,
    Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7652

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for posting and my apologies for the inconvenience.
    We need to update our documentation and we will do so in next couple of days to avoid any confusion.

The problem with settings is BuddyPress has changed a lot since the time this plugin added support. Now, the activation process for the sub sites are different.

It is still possible to automate it by writing code to clone the BuddyPress settings from main site to the newly created site. At the moment, we don’t have enough resource to focus on that and we have let it be super admin only for now.

About the user list:- It seems one of the more recent changes causing it. I am exploring and will be fixing the issue in 1-2 days and update you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Michael on #7655

Hello Brajesh,

Thank you for the reply! I have tried to couple the plugin with WPMU’s “New Blog Template” plugin that copies content from a currently active sub site on the network. This seems to be working to allow new sites to allow group creation without a super admin saving the BuddyPress component settings page… but I will need to do a little more testing to make sure it is working 100%.

But still no users, I look forward to hearing what you dig up Brajesh! I appreciate the help!

Mike

• Participant
    freerunner on #11613

Hello Brajesh,

I am having the same issue with users not showing up on member pages within subsites on the multisite network. I have also been confused by the installation instructions as BuddyPress no longer asks to be setup after plugin activation.

I am desirous to get this plugin functioning. I noticed that you mentioned an update for the member page issue and installation instructions in this thread, but I do not see any updates. Are you able to provide an update to fix/address this issue?

I appreciate all of the must needed BuddyPress plugins you have provided over the years and your continual expertise. Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved