BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Multi Network – Users have access to all subsites

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    olivier GUY on #34541

Hi,
    I have gone through the discussion here :
    https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/buddypress-multi-network-main-site-users-have-access-to-all-subsites/
    and it is not clear if a solution was finally found.

I have a BuddyBoss platform and added the BuddyPress Multi Network.

All users have access to the main site, which is normal.

I have written a small piece of code to list all the subsites on the main site : if the logged-in user is a user of a subsite, the code displays a link to this site URL, else the code displays a link to the register page on the subsite.

PROBLEM : when a site X user clicks on the link to site Y register page (he does not belong to site Y) he is automatically added as a site Y user and goes directly to the homepage.

Please can you clarify for me whether there is a way to prevent this behaviour or not ?

Many thanks,

Olivier

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34546

Hi Olivier,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

The multi network plugin neither restricts users from accessing a sub site nor it add them.

The user are added by “bbPress” code which is included with BuddyBoss platform. BuddyBoss has included bbPress but removed the admin options that allowed you to control if user should be automatically added to current site.

Please report it to them and they may be able to resolve it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    olivier GUY on #34549

Hi Brajesh,
    Many thanks. I will ask BB.
    Best regards,
    Olivier

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Multi Network – Users have access to all subsites’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved