I have added buddypress multisite via wp plugin upload
activated the plugin network and each subdomain site
when I register a new user it goes to the main registration page
and adds the user to the subdomain users tab in the backend
when i login on the frontend subdomain it redirects to main multisite domain and not the subdomain.
I have made the changes to wp-config and plugins required
I have paid for support for the plugin
I look forward getting this plugin working
Welcome to BuddyDev forums.
Before providing a solution, I need to know a few things.
1. Is the user added as subscriber on sub domain?(or with any other role)
2. Do you want users to be restricted to their subdomain.
This plugin allows creating separate networks but does not redirect on its own. I can supply the code for that but before that I need to know what you are looking to accomplish here.
Thanks for your reply.
I would like each site to have its own user base and have separate networks within my multi site.
The user will sign up as subscriber on a subdomain – they will have their own profile page with a custom url and blog.
The user can sign up to one site or multiple sites.
Thank you. Can you please confirm if a user registering from a subdomain is getting added to that site ?
The default configuration of Multi network allows users to be visible in the members directory of the main site(network) and the sites which they have joined.
If a User has registered on subdomain1 and wants to join another subdomain(network), you will need to install the widget like Add User to blog widget or similar.
If you want to disable the default listing on the main site, I can provide the code to disable that.
My apologies for delayed reply due to weekend.
Can you please clarify me what the plugin is doing and what you want? This plugin does not restrict users and It works as it is mentioned on the plugin page. It does add users to the site they register(or subdomain ). I have mentioned that the users are visible on main site and the site they register on.
I am happy to provide support for your specific need here but please read my prequestions and let me know so that I can help quickly.
The plugin does not work. I would like it to work as it is supposed to – its that simple. I can provide you with the login details
add users to the site they register(or subdomain ). I have mentioned that the users are visible on main site and the site they register on.
The problem is I am thinking you are considering things which are not part of this plugin.
1. redirecting users to their primary ist is job of the WordPress. This plugin does not play any role in that. If you need help with that, I am happy to assist.
Here is the list of features mentioned on this plugin page
– It allows you to create Separate social networks on a single BuddyPress Install
– It separates the User base of one network from another(Each network can have different user base)
– A user can be part of more than one network
– All networks can have their own user base, activities, groups, Profile data(xprofile fields) which can be different from other
I am sorry but I am unable to understand which of the above is not working.
Now, Coming to your post:-
1. Do you want users to be redirected to the site they registered on long?
2. Do you want the user to be not available on the main site network(It is available by default)?
Please let me know point wise and that will save us both a lot of time.
The topic ‘ [Resolved] buddypress multisite not working’ is closed to new replies.