BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Non Editable Profile Fields

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    sheryanne on #5137

Hi. I’m using the BuddyPress Non Editable Profile Fields plugin. I created a field and made it non-editable. That works great. But how can I make it so the Admin can change it whenever they want? Do I need to have premium support for this?

Background: I’m making a membership site for a condo association. The non-editable field in the profile are being used for President, VP, Secretary, Board Member. So their profile shows this field. But they take turns being president, vp, etc… So I need to make this field editable in the back end by someone with the right capability.

Thx,

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5141

Hi Sheryanne,
    Thank you for posting.

The plugin allows superadmins to edit the fields by default. So any user with superadmin capability can edit other user’s profile field without any issue.

If you want to allow it for other capability level, Please change this line

https://github.com/buddydev/bp-non-editable-profile-fields/blob/master/bp-non-editable-field.php#L59

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    sheryanne on #5185

Thank you Brajesh! I changed the line and it worked perfectly. You are awesome!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5188

You are most welcome. I am glad I could help.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Non Editable Profile Fields’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved