BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Performance recommendations

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Andy on #5903

Hi All

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best plugins/software to use when on a dedicated server, to get the best performance out of a BuddyPress site?

Would you recommend installing APC on the server? And is there a WordPress cache plugin best suited for a BuddyPress for performance, such as total cache, super cache, fastest cache etc.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5920

Hi Andy,
    Thank you for posting.

Any caching plugin you use with BuddyPress, It is not going to be much effective for the logged in users(unless you play with the database, object cache a lot). In past, I had issues with w3 total cache, supercache when combining with BuddyPress( For logged in users), so I mostly disabled caching for logged in users to avoid displaying stale data.

In my previous endeavour, I could not make much out of it. I will suggest giving a try to all of the above and let us know what you find. I am also in the process to testing some redis based caching plugins and will let you know what I find.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Andy on #5924

Thanks Brajesh. I’ve tried supercache in the past which improved the performance of my BuddyPress website. But because BuddyPress is a community plugin where there is constant activity, I decided not to use it until I’m more knowledgeable about improving the performance of BuddyPress. Let us know if you come up with a good combination to get improved performance.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved