BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypress posts comment doesn't work

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kyle Rollins on #2529

Hi there,

We are using buddypress and Blog Categories for Groups and after we update it and we started to have a problem with comments. We can’t add comments.

Just a note: we have the website restrict access. Therefore we have the site close to search engine. Only with a password is allowed to enter.

We deactivated the plugin Blog Categories for Groups and it works… but then we cannot blog in the groups.

Can you help us understand what is the problem with it and how to resolve it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2533

Hi Kyle,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forums.

It may be due to some recent changes. Please let me check and I will get back t you in next couple of hours.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2551

Hi Kyl,e
    I seem to have tracked down the issue but will need a confirmation before I push the update.

1.AS I Tested, It appears that only posts displayed on the Group blog page have comments closed. The normal posts( which are not accessible from group blog screen) have no effect on the cmment status.

Are ypou facing the same issue? If yes, we need to work around over enthusiastic BudyPress comment closing filter, I had done it for BuddyBlog earlier and the same appears for Blog categories.

Can you please confirm and I will provide a quick update.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2552

Hi Kyle,
    I have pushed an update. Can you please upgrade to 1.2.2 and let me know if it fixes for you or not?
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/blog-categories-for-groups/

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kyle Rollins on #2581

Hi Yogi,

Thanks for the help and the update.
    Yes it fixed the issues reported-

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2584

Hi Kyle,
    Thank you for replying and confirming. Marking it as resolved.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Buddypress posts comment doesn't work’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved