BuddyDev

Search

Buddypress Private Reply Plugin

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #29619

Hello Brajesh,

Can you create a plugin like this https://wprookies.com/buddypress-private-reply-plugin/ this one is no longer available.

This will enable activities to have public reply button and private reply button

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29624

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the suggestion.

We can certainly do it. The only complex part will be managing notification to avoid notifying others.

I will add it to our list of upcoming plugins.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #29647

Awesome thanks brajesh, another suggestion is that the private replies must be synchronized with blog and custom post types comments, since activity comments are linked to blog post comments.

So comments in blog posts comments and custom post types comments should also have the private reply button when the plugin is active.

• Participant
    Tosin on #29648

I also think the private replies should have a custom CSS selectors so that they can be styled differently just like how private replies have a blue border or background on this support forum.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29651

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you.

I am sorry, but we do not plan to add this for the blog comments. We plan to do it specifically for BuddyPress Activity in first phase and will see if adding blog comments will have any value after that.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved