BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Profile Data Moderator Not working for Bios in profile

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Findom App on #41605

Hi, the profile data moderator seems to be working for everything accept I made a new field group called “About” and a new field called “bio” where a user can write a bio about themselves. For some reason this does not go to auto moderation, and the users bio is updated and displayed without my approval. In BuddyPress Profile Data Moderator Settings I have the box checked next to “bio” as a moderated field. Any idea why this field is not getting sent to moderation and what can be done to fix it? thank you!

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41609

Hello Findom,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will check it and will update you soon.

Regards
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41610

Hello Findom,

I have checked on my local server with a new textarea field name ‘Bio’ under field group section ‘About’ and it is working fine for me. Please let me know the following things:

1. which field type for ‘Bio’ you are using?.
    2. Are you working with BuddyBoss Platform or BuddyPress?.
    3. Causing issue on registration or when the user tries to update his/her field.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Findom App on #41636

Hi Ravi, thank you for your response!

1. Field type is “Biography” (so “About” is a created field group –> add new field, named it “bio” and then all the way on the bottom of drop down is an option “wordpress fields” with two options “text field” and “biography.” text field asked me for some further options (first name, last name, website) which I didn’t quite understand so I selected “biography” as an option instead as it seemed to work with what I was trying to do).

2. BuddyPress, and then more specifically BP Profile Fields

3. On registration isn’t an issue because its not required, so issue is after registration when trying to update or rather newly add the biography field.

Thank you for your help!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41667

Hello Findom,

Sorry for the delayed reply and Thank you for sharing the details. I have tested WordPress fields with this plugin on my local server and Yes, it is not working. So, I have debugged further and found that the WordPress field’s data is not saved in the BuddyPress Profile Fields Data table. That is why the plugin is not working as expected. We will check how we can add WordPress fields compatibility in the plugin and will let you know.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Findom App on #41686

Hi, thank you for your response, I appreciate it! And yes please let me know of any updates so that this will get working, thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41696

Hi,
    Ravi delegated this to me and I had a look today.

This is a bug in BuddyPress and we are going to raise a ticket for the same.

There are 2 bugs which is causing it(These bugs were introduced in 9.0 when the WordPress field mapping was added).

1. On the “xprofile_updated_profile” action, the WordPress fields(Bio/description) are not updated by BuddyPress. This is a bug
    2. BuddyPress does not clear cache for WordPress mapped profile filed(description) even after update/

There is not much we can do as there is no hook available for us after ‘xprofile_updated_profile’.

For the time being, I will suggest using a multiline text field instead of the WordPress bio and when BuddyPress fixes it(hopefully in 10.0), you can use the Bio field again.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Findom App on #41706

Ok thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41719

You are welcome.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved