BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypress profile page 404 error

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #33917

Hello,

Please all links to the buddypress profile tab leads to a 404 error page all other navigation tabs are working perfectly only the profile tab and profile visibility tab in the settings tab go to a 404 error page.

I have resaved permalink and buddypress settings but still not working.

See link for example https://www.nigerpress.com/nigerpost/profile/

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33927

Hi Tosin,
    You have an issue with your tab settings(created by profile tabs pro).

Please share a link to the screenshots showing all your custom tabs and their settings and I can quickly point out the issue.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #33936

unfortunately I am not using the profile tabs pro plugin

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33940

Did you add some code or new plugin recently that adds/modifies tags or handles redirection?

• Participant
    Tosin on #33960

I finally traced the problem by deactivating all plugin except buddypress, woocommerce and WooCommerce Memberships. WooCommerce Memberships Version 1.19.1 was the culprit

• Participant
    Tosin on #33970
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33972

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the reply.

I am sorry, I am unable to predict anything by looking at their docs. Will suggest asking them directly about it.

PS:- Are you using any WooCommerce specific BuddyPress addon like BuddyCommerce etc?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #33979

Hello Brajesh

The problem is now fixed I reached out to woocommerce support and they said I should change the woocommerce endpoint of the profile fields area in woocommerce > settings > advanced admin page, the endpoint or slug needs to be something different from profile.

I also do use buddycommerce but this was not the cause as buddycommerce was already deactivated while the problem persisted.

The profile fields feature was recently added in the woocommerce membership plugin starting from version 1.19.0 see at http://dzv365zjfbd8v.cloudfront.net/changelogs/woocommerce-memberships/changelog.txt

This is a heads up notice for other users using the latest version of woocommerce memberships

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33985

Thank you Tosin.
    Appreciate sharing it.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Buddypress profile page 404 error’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved