BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager- Hidden profile shows in navigation

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Cathy on #7540

Hi Brajesh,

It works! Thanks so much for figuring this out for me!!

I hope I don’t run into any problems by using this in the future because this is a nice feature and I think users will really appreciate it.

I noticed that any activity items in the stream will remain there unless the hidden user deletes them. When clicking the hidden users name the person clicking is redirected to the home page. This will be somewhat annoying if there is lot of activity from hidden users that doesn’t get deleted. Can the redirect be changed to stay on the activity page and show a message “This user’s profile is hidden” instead of a redirect?

Thanks for the help,

Cathy

• Participant
    Cathy on #7541

Hi Brajesh,

Sorry to bother you again, but I have another question. If I choose “Yes” for “Would you like to hide your last active time?” then the my last active time IS NOT shown on my profile but IS shown on my members directory listing. I’m not sure if this is related to KLEO theme or not. How can I hide my last active time from my members directory listing?

Thanks,

Cathy

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7549

Hi Cathy,
    The last activity time on the directory was happening since BuddyPress introduced live timestamp.

To fix it, I have dequeued the live timestamp js on the members directory. also, I have fixed the redirect to redirect to current page(or home page if the url was directly accessed).

We already add the notice of the access redirection.

It will be visible if your theme has this line

<?php do_action( 'template_notices' ); ?>

That code is used for inserting the BuddyPress notices on pages.

Please upgrade to 1.4.0 and It all should work.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Cathy on #7558

Thank you so much Brajesh- it looks and works great!!

Cathy

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7564

Thank you Cathy.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager- Hidden profile shows in navigation’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved