BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager Language

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    RES on #39498

I’m using BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager with BuddyBoss and I am trying to change “friend” and “friendship” to “connection” in the language file like what is used in BuddyBoss. I’ve followed tutorials for Poedit but the edits do not seem to be working. I prefer using Poedit and not run another plugin. Initially I created a new directory wp-content/plugins/bp-profile-visibility-manager/languages and uploaded the new files there. This did not work. I also tried replacing the original .po and .mo files created by Poedit. This also did not work. I do not know if I’m using the program incorrectly or editing the wrong files or uploading them to the wrong place. I searched and tried to make the modifications myself before asking for help but I am unsuccessful. Is there some insight you can give me?

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39499

Hi,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

Question:- What is the locale for your site? Is it en_US?

I will share the translated file. The file needs to go to the wp-content/languages/plugins directory.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    RES on #39502

Yes, it is en_US. My previous post was not correct, I actually created the directory “wp-content/languages/plugins” and uploaded the the Poedit files there. Thank you for creating the files for me. If possible, I would like to know why it didn’t work for me though.

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39506

Hi,
    Please download the files from here.

I am assuming the issue could be related to file naming.
    https://we.tl/t-IITbGWYbIl

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39552

Hi,
    Hope you are doing well.

Did the above file worked for you?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    RES on #39563

Yes. Thank you. The naming wasn’t the issue though. I used Poedit which doesn’t seem complicated but I have to admit, in my haste, I may not have created the files correctly. I’m curious, is it possible to just use a text editor on a .po file and use Poedit to create the .mo file? The issiue I found was that Poedit didn’t seem to properly find and replace. I will look into the proper use of the program. You can close this and no need to reply.

Thanks again.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39567

Thank you.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager Language’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved