BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager update

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    cheekymonkey on #47635

I’m using BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager and need to know how long it will take to update it to do the following:

1) Hide the profile based on profile types (at the moment you can only hide it from “Everyone”, “Logged in”, “Friends”, “Group” and “Only me”.
    This will need to be a list of checkboxes as I have 10 profile types and the user can select as many as they want.

2) Same as number one but based on the “xprofile fields”, for example I have an age range using “From/to values” and wish to hide the profile based on this field. There are other xprofile fields that need to used as well, the age range is just an example.

Thanks,
    Alex

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47651

Hi Alex,
    Thank you for the question.

I am sorry, there are no plans to have these currently.

1. We will try to check and see if we can help you with custom code to achieve this. I will share details about it next week as we have a major release coming with privacy for avatar, names etc and my goal will be to allow custom levels(like you have mentioned) using code.

2. This is beyond the profile visibility and you should request BuddyBoss to have it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    cheekymonkey on #47668

Hi Brajesh,

If you could provide some help with custom code that would be amazing.

Appreciate that you have a major release and look forward to next week.

Thanks,
    Alex

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47679

Hi Alex,
    Thank you.

I sincerely appreciate your patience.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tom on #48186

Hello Brajesh,

Have you already got this major release done? I would also need to be able to use profile types on visibility.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48192

Hi Tom,
    Thank you for your interest.
    We have made the update available to limited number of users. We have no option for profile type based visibility(though I did supply custom code to have this as drop down in profile privacy option).

We are expecting a public release within next 7 days.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved